NRIs can invest in:
- Bank Deposits.
- Secondary markets through portfolio investment in equity shares/convertible debentures.
- New issues (shares/convertible debentures).
- Non convertible debentures.
- Mutual funds and Bonds provided that amount is invested out of NRE/FCNR/NRO account or by inward remittance.
- Domestic (NRO) funds through deposits in Indian companies (including Non Banking Finance Companies if they are registered with Reserve Bank of India) on non-repatriation basis upto 3 years subject to certain formalities to be completed by the concerned company.
- Proprietary or partnership concern in India.
- Immovable property provided that the amount is not invested for the purchase of agricultural land, plantation property or farm house and investments are made from fresh inward remittance or existing non- resident bank account.
Get our Newsletter to get best money ideas right in your mailbox.
Team HFI Wealth Creators is on a mission to defend the wealth of armed forces personnel.